Client: An Aim Listed UK company which is a leading neuroscience technology company optimising the assessment of cognition for better brain health research with scientifically validated digital health solutions.
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Department: Software Developer team
Reporting to: Software Development Manager
People Manager? No
Location: Bryanston, Johannesburg, South Africa (2 days a week in the office)
Working pattern: Full time
What you’ll do
Together with your sprint team, you will:
- Design and implement software solutions that deliver maximum value to the client and their customers
- Develop game-like computerised cognitive tests
- Assist with improving our user experience, developing our platform’s architecture and creating optimal development processes
- Write and review appropriate documentation to demonstrate the client’s products adhere to the required regulatory standards
The team you’ll be working in
This is an exciting opportunity for a driven Senior Software Developer to join a growing, fast-paced and high-performing team. You’ll take a key role in a sprint team enhancing and maintaining a cognitive testing platform, and its end-user applications using modern web technologies. Your work will therefore support researchers and health organisations worldwide in improving patient outcomes in conditions affecting brain health.
You’ll typically work with 3-4 other colleague developers and testers in a sprint team practicing Agile Scrum or Kanban. Each team works off a dedicated backlog focused on different areas of the business. We pride ourselves on great team work, a supportive environment and learning culture.
What we’d love from you
- A desire to build meaningful healthcare software applications that improve the quality of people’s everyday lives
- The ability to create efficient and robust designs for software components and effectively communicate these to stakeholders, ensuring an accurate implementation and that advantages of the design are used to best effect
- Experience of using an Agile methodology and in leading software development sprints/iterations
- Full software development lifecycle experience in successful projects, utilising good software development and quality management practices
- Enthusiasm for learning and developing your skills, taking advantage of all provided mentoring and training opportunities
- A desire to work in an inclusive environment where everyone feeds into continuous improvement and where all team members share knowledge to nurture the team’s overall skill base
- A proven history of being an excellent team player and care deeply about the commitments your team collaboratively makes
- A strong academic record, educated to degree level or holding equivalent relevant professional experience
- Good basic mathematical ability and excellent communication skills
- Formal education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or similar field would be preferable
- DevOps experience, including configuring and maintaining tooling, Ansible and Linux sysadmin and command line experience would be preferable
- Experience of developing software under a formal quality management system would be ideal
- An interest in creating great user experiences with supporting knowledge/experience would be ideal
What we can offer you:
We are proud to be able to offer all of our South African colleagues the following benefits:
- Flexibility – 2 days a week at our office in Bryanston and the rest from home
- Medical Cover – Discovery Delta Saver + gap cover
- Risk Cover – 4x base salary life cover and up to R15,000 cover for funeral costs
- A fantastic Company Pension – 8% employer contribution when you put in 5%
Even if you don’t have all the experience we’ve listed we’d still love to hear from you if you’re interested.
The Client is not currently able to sponsor employees. This means we’re unable to consider applications from candidates who are not eligible to work in the country our roles are based.
The Client is an equal opportunities employer, we are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees and application from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage, and civil partnerships.